What is SilkStart?
SilkStart is a membership management software solution made for organizations and associations in need of a simple and easy management tool. Determined to turn management from a complex machine to a smooth ride for its users, SilkStart has several useful features integrated into one easy experience.
What does SilkStart do?
SilkStart works as a management software designed to integrate several important mechanics such as registration, payment and renewal. It utilizes a member management system directed on archiving and updating the information of each and every user. It also contains a notification system for important updates, website creation suites to make customizable sites for your business and job boards to maximize individual members into a reasonable job-seeking industry. It also can be applied to any existing website, removing the hassle in other management tools that require users to build their websites from scratch.
What are the features of SilkStart?
Membership and events management
Membership comes easy thanks to SilkStart’s online registration signup. It also works as a member directory, letting organizers search for specific individuals within their database. Thanks to this system, SilkStart can be used as a job-seeking hub to help unemployed, independent or private contractors find work to occupy their time.
Another management feature in SilkStart is the events management feature. With this, organizations and businesses can hold events and send notifications of the said event to those who have applied for, or might be interested in signing up, for the events. It can also be paid via services such as PayPal, or it can be paid for using the invoice tools available in SilkStart.
Website creation suite
Every business needs a manageable, reliable and impressive website to boost its reputation. SilkStart comes with its own website creation suite that can be used to accommodate and assist various industries with their own web pages.
Able to interface with, and update existing websites, SilkStart has several personalized options to keep your website fresh. Users can customize fonts, colors and page layouts after the interface, making it easy for anyone to modify old, existing sites as needed. The website creation suite allows you to update it with your actual social media accounts.
There is also a multichapter function that allows each branch or section of the organization to modify their work according to their own specific needs. This sort of functionality can be seen in websites that designate regional pages from the main domain. As such, enterprises and offshore businesses can expand their website to analyze region-specific data and statistics.
Keeping users updated via their e-mails isn’t just useful for sending notices. SilkStart’s emailer lets its customers set up newsletters or one-off event e-mails. It also comes with a “customizable notifications” function that updates members on upcoming events, important dates and reminders regarding their contracts. This helps members stay up to date with their service payments.
SilkStart also works on a wide variety of devices. Tablets, smartphones and desktops can all access the software, and users can use any of these to update anything within the application. It also comes with a customizable functionality designed to allow third-party programs to check on the statistics of your website. This includes access to Google Analytics and Kissmetrics, and the device can also be modified for search engine optimization (SEO) purposes.
E-commerce with invoice and payment
SilkStart also has a full-fledged shopping cart feature that comes at no extra charge. This feature adds a little bit of customization and professional flavor to your business’ site.
Another feature to consider is the invoice and payment system for payment processing. SilkStart allows users to access payment providers such as PayPal or Stripe within the application. It also has its own invoicing capabilities that can be used for either online or offline payments.
What are the benefits of SilkStart?
One of SilkStart’s biggest benefits is its simple interface, despite all of its features. First-time users will find it easy to learn how to use the software, especially since it has a simple GUI with drag-and-drop mechanics.
Thanks to its wide set of features, management becomes easier and encourages users to maximize their use of SilkStart. It makes it easier for new users to create a presence on the web, provides an invoicing function to help users pay their bills and an email notification system to keep all members updated. It also comes with an event management tool that allows reliable and simple control over upcoming important company events.
Another benefit to SilkStart is how it integrates with both third-party applications. This makes it easier to access certain analytics software to check on the performance of the website. It can also be accessed via a computer and various mobile devices so that users can track their progress wherever and whenever.
Pricing of SilkStart
Users can avail of a free demo of SilkStart. Interested buyers might wonder why the charges associated with either the Premium or the Multi-Chapter package are a bit high. Either package costs a bit higher than industry standard because SilkStart is recommended for medium- or large-sized associations that would have an easier time affording this.
During setup, SilkStart also asks the user to choose between website integration and website updating. In both instances, the charge varies. Depending on the scope of the project, customers may have to pay up to $2500. However, this only applies for the setup since the monthly deals are paid as normal.
SilkStart also recognizes that certain enterprises need a custom-made plan to suit their data consumption. Because of that, there is also a customized Enterprise plan that charges to the specific needs of the client in question.
There are two general package deals offered by SilkStart, namely the aforementioned Premium package and the Multi-Chapter package. The only difference between the two set deals is that the latter can add several layers of chapters to the website. Regardless, users are given complete access to several features such as:
- Membership management and directory – The primary function of the SilkStart solution. It uses a smooth interface that lets users register, renew or cancel their commitments, and comes with a directory for faster filtering.
- Events management – In case the company holds events such as openings or outings, SilkStart comes with an event management system to help. It can account for electronic tickets and monitor registrations, and can keep running large-scale events simple.
- Ticketing – As mentioned previously, tickets can be administered for events or receipts. This makes it easier for users to keep track of their payments and update their online accounts.
- Multi-chapter – Some companies have more than one branch, and this can create separate templates specific to their area. This can cause some inconsistencies within the company. This feature allows companies to bypass the problem by adding in several branches into chapters that can access the general template while retaining customizable features for their own sites.
- Job board – Perfect for businesses specializing in job seeking or freelance work, the job board works to help members search for their ideal contracts and occupations.
- Donations – Aside from events and websites, SilkStart also allows users to hold donations for certain charities.
- Email Marketing – Similar to email notifications for their users, SilkStart can help its users send out newsletters and promos via internet to several possible applicants or interested parties.
- Ecommerce – A personalized website dedicated to shopping purposes for SilkStart’s customers. This feature makes it easy to integrate a website to the software. It comes with all necessary features like the shopping cart option and shipping processing. It also comes at no extra charge to set up.
- Invoicing and payments – With its invoicing capabilities and payment integrations to services like Stripe, SilkStart can make it easier for users to keep their own customers up to date with their payments.
- Mobile friendly platform – Last but not the least is the mobile integration present. This way, users can access SilkStart whenever they are on a mobile device.
Companies might find SilkStart very easy to use, but be concerned about the depth of its features. It performs its basic tasks for management well, but not much else beyond that. Another notable concern is the installation price, which can be steep for some companies. However, it is a credible and functional solution in helping run a business. This is thanks to several features such as website templates, payment integration/invoices and membership-based email notifications. It ultimately can win its clients over with a simple interface and various management functions.